If you manufacture, package and label a food product, you will be required to meet our national Food Labelling legislation as per outlined in the FSANZ Food Standards Code.
Fines are awarded to those companies where their products are found to be in breach of these requirements for products produced both locally and internationally.
Imported products may be held in quarantine at our wharfs and not released for sale in Australia if it has been identified that the food label breaches our food labelling laws.
Getting your labels checked for compliance before you go to print, will eliminate additional costs associated with disposal of non-conforming labels, reformatting and reprinting new labels.
We offer the following services in regards to your food labels:
- Full comprehensive food label compliance review
- Food Label creation (technical content only as we are not graphic designers)
- Ingredient listing development
- Allergen statement development
- Nutrition Information Panel development
- Health claims – High Level and General Level
- Nutrition Content claims
- Health Star Rating System
- Country of Origin Labelling
- Food Product Legality
- Labelling compliance for Imported Foods
We offer solutions at different cost structures for various budgets.